Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Being a part of something...

I am excited for today, like really excited. I think with the change of seasons (even though, technically Autumn isn't until the 23rd of September) I get way more positive and happier. I guess that is why it is my favorites season.


Purdue University - Calumet Men's Cross Country, 2011

Anyways, back to today, we pick up all our XC gear today: uniforms, new shoes, socks, warm-up suit, sweatpants, hoodies, shirts (short and long sleeve), backpacks, and skullcaps(?). I know its just stuff and makes me sound really materialistic, but it is more than that ...if you ever played on a team. Or if not, maybe. Those clothes represent something to each of us on the team. It is a sign and symbol of our hard work and determination. We will be representing a team (first in history) at many Chicago-land area meets and invitationals, and, hopefully, the CCAC Championship. It feels good to belong and to be a part of something.

On another note, (which is, again, making me sound like a stereotypical, materialistic, American) the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back at Starbucks! Yeah, I know, shut it, but it too reminds me of Autumn. Which, also means Autumn brews ...that I just happened to pick up one blend this past weekend (Sierra Neveda's Tumbler).

Now, it is time I get ready for the day, head to breakfast with Cassie, then off to my long day of classes.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Awesome, I didn't know you were running with the school. :)

Let's study sometime together. I'm too stupid to understand the basic chemistry in human biology.

Andrew said...

@Kelly That would be awesome! Yeah, the team started this semester - it is a lot of fun!